Sleep is integral to our health and wellbeing and it can even affect our ability to maintain a healthy weight. To share with us tips on getting a good night’s sleep Director of Education at Blackmores, Pam Stone has joined us for today’s program.
The key point to keep in mind is that poor sleep is a symptom of some other problem. Typical causes are family stress, work pressure and anxiety. Identifying those underlying issues is important issues but there are still some useful thing we can do. They include:
- Going to sleep and waking at consistent times
- Having a night-time sleep routine (wind down before hitting the pillow)
- Avoiding stimulants like coffee and tea before going to bed
- Limit computer and TV time before going to bed
- Naturopaths often encourage the use of lemon balm and valerian.